Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012





















Who like Shabby Chic? I do.  I have this set of tables, coffee table and two end tables.  Nice heavy tables.  But I hate what they look like.  So I decided some tweaking was in order.  I did some light sanding to get all of the top glossy coat off.  I used my sander but had to do some spots with a block sander.  Not easy on the hands.  I then applied thin layers of paint.  I again used Valspar with a primer in it.  I let it dry between each coat of paint. I did 3 coats on the table.  After it completely dried I went back with  my sander and sanded the spots where the most wear would be, giving it the old worn look.   I am posting the before and after.  I hope you enjoy, while I start work on the other Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment